PRIVACY NOTICE FOR FREDRIKSTROMME.COM
Thank you for choosing to be part of my community at Fredrik Strømme photography (“Company”, “me”, “I”, or “my”). I am committed to protect your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or my practices with regards to your personal information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit the website fredrikstromme.com (the “Website“), and more generally, use any of my services (the “Services“, which include the Website), I appreciate that you are trusting me with your personal information. I take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, I will seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information I collect, how I use it and what rights you have in relation to it. I hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of my Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through my Services (which, as described above, includes my Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what I do with the information that I collect.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to me.
In Short: I collect information that you provide to me.
I collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to me when you express an interest in obtaining information about me or my products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact me.
The personal information that I collect depends on the context of your interactions with me and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information I collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. I collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; billing addresses; and other similar information.
Payment Data. I may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by PayPal. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.paypal.com/no/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
Information automatically collected.
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information my servers automatically collect when you access or use my Website and which I record in log files. Depending on how you interact with me, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. I collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system configuration information.
- Location Data. I collect information data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information I collect depends on the type of settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, I may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells me your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing me to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locations settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO I USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: I process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of my contract with you, compliance with my legal obligations, and/or your consent.
I use personal information collected via my Website for a variety of business purposes described below. I process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on my legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with my legal obligations. I indicate the specific processing grounds Irely on next to each purpose listed below.
I use the information I collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with me to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), I use the information you allowed me to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To post testimonials. I post testimonials on my Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, I will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact me at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. I may use your information to request feedback, tutorial reviews and to contact you about your use of my Website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. I may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. I may use your information for the purposes of managing my account and keeping it in working order.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. I may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. I may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in my competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. I may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. I may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of my Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. Me and/or my third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to me for my marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about me or my Website, subscribing to marketing, purchase on the webshop or otherwise contacting me, I will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of my marketing emails at any time.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. I may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
In Short: I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given to me specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: I may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of my contract.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of my policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which I am involved.
More specifically, I may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. I may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of my business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. I may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for me or on my behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. I may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on my behalf about how you interact with my Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, I do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. I have contracts in place with my data processors, which are designed to help safegaurd your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless I have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from me. They also commit to protect the data they hold on my behalf and to retain it for the period I instruct.
If I have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact me.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Invoice and Billing
- Retargeting Platforms
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
- Website Hosting
One.com and WordPress.com
- Visitor statistics
Google webmaster tools
- Security and firewall
Contact form 7
- Reviews on tutorials
About WooCommerce – the webshop:
While you visit my site, I’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: I’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so I can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order or receipt.
When you purchase from me, I’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. I’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for my store
- Improve my store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
I may also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
This happens via a third-party called Customer Reviews. https://www.cusrev.com/privacy-policy.
When subscribing to my newsletter, I may send you e-mails about for instance new tutorial arrivals.
Specific information on how you can refuse certain cookies is set further down.
6. HOW LONG DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: I keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
I will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require me to keep your personal information for longer than 90 days.
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: I aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
I have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information I process.
However, despite my safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so I cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat my security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although I will do my best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from my Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact me. I will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If I am relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe I am unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of my Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on my Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, I do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that I must follow in the future, I will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits my users who are California residents to request and obtain from me, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) I am disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which I shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to me using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact me using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. I will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all my systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
11. DO I MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, I will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If I make material changes to this privacy notice, I may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. I encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how I am protecting your information.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA I COLLECT FROM YOU?